Values & Ethos
"St Wilfrid’s Christian character permeates through all aspects of school life and has a significant impact on the wellbeing of the whole school community."
SIAMS Inspection School Report, January 2018
At St. Wilfrid’s Church of England Primary Academy we aim to provide:
· A strong and distinctive identity, culture and ethos.
· A ’high quality’ education, with a rich and coherent curriculum, where innovative and inspirational teaching leads to excellent standards of achievement.
· A stimulating, meaningful and relevant learning environment, complemented with staff who are skilled, creative, reflective and collaborative practitioners.
· A rich variety of opportunities to promote spiritual, moral, cultural, social, mental and physical development and a recognition and celebration of talents as God’s children.
We aim for our children to develop the following characteristics and qualities:
· Responsible children who live out Christian values, and demonstrate honesty, integrity, empathy and respect to others and their environment.
· Happy and enthusiastic pupils with a zest for learning and a love and appreciation of life.
· Confident and self-motivated individuals, who demonstrate inner strength and resilience, and have high aspirations of themselves.
· Inquisitive and open-minded children who are prepared to experiment, make mistakes and have confidence to try again.
At St Wilfrid’s Church of England Primary Academy our Christian Values underpin everything that we do. As a whole school community we carefully selected eight Christian Values that we felt were important. Together, as a family (pupils, staff and governors) we use these values as the basis for our decisions and our behaviour in our academy, and live them out in our daily lives. We promote these values to families of our pupils and encourage the children to remember them as they move through life.